Scheduled classes: Next Class 11th August 2019
£76 for 6 weekly classes (Blyth)
Places can be booked by compleing the online booking form, or contact me on 07971152016
Puppy School Classes
Puppy School is a set of six puppy training classes lasting one hour. The programme has been carefully designed to take you through all the obedience basics giving you a good foundation for life with your new puppy.
The puppy training exercises gradually progress from easy to more complex, building on your puppy's understanding and reliability each week.
What will my puppy learn?
You will learn how to teach your puppy
come when called
Sit, lie down, stand on command
Gentle (taking food from hands gently)
Leave when asked
Walk on a loose lead without pulling
Get used to being handled and examined for vets and groomers
Accept people near to food bowls, bones and chew
Stop play biting
Be sociable with humans, children, and other puppies
Greet people without jumping up
How does Puppy School differ from other training classes?
- We only ever have a MAXIMUM of 6 puppies in the class (normally only 6), so you can be assured of some personal attention and the puppies shouldn't find it all too overwhelming.
- Puppies may be allowed to play off lead in carefully controlled small groups to ensure they learn good manners around other puppies, do not get scared, and do not learn to play roughly or aggressively. Puppies will be matched for size, age, and experience, and play will be carefully supervised to ensure that all puppies learn to be confident with others.
- We spend time in each class on life skills such as learning to enjoy being handled by strangers, meeting children and getting used to strange sights and sounds
- Behaviour advice - throughout the course, your behaviour-trained Puppy School tutor will be on hand to help you with any behaviour problems
You will receive:
- Free phone and email help in between classes if you need it
- A Full Colour Manual which supports the course - contains loads of information,and helpful hints as well as a summary of each week's learning and reminders of what to practice
- Natures Menu Goody Box!! For all clients who book after 1st October 2018 a box of goodies from this fabulous dog food company will be delivered to your door!
Only reward-based puppy training methods are used at Puppy School. Treats, toys and praise are used to encourage puppies to be well behaved. No bullying or rough handling is tolerated.
Please note we cannot guarantee the attendance of children to help socialise your puppy, but we do encourage families with children to bring them to class to learn how to train their puppy and to interact positively with other puppies in the class
Practise makes perfect
Although all the information you will need to train your puppy will be given to you in class, you will need to set aside time every day to practise the exercises at home to make the most of the ideas you have been given. Training at home will allow you to progress further in class and will result in a better trained puppy at the end of the six weeks.